Friday, January 28, 2011

Is this really my life?

I woke up yesterday saying bad words.  I know, it's not a good start when that happens. 

The night before I had gone to work out like a good little soldier, then drove home.  I had to drive around the apartment complex several times because there wasn't any parking.  After about 10 minutes I started laughing because there were no spots - nada.  What are you supposed to do when it's 1am, you're tired, have to work the next day, and you can't find a spot to park your car?  Well, there were handicapped spots not being used, and I knew that would be illegal, so I did the next best thing - I parked in the little hashed spot next to the handicapped spot.  For those not sure if this is legal - IT'S NOT.  I walked inside the apartment, went to sleep, woke up early to make sure the car was fine.  IT WASN'T.  They had towed it that morning at 4:35am.  Oh boy.  I called the towing company, he said I couldn't come until after 8am because then I'd be paying an extra after hours charge.  Delightful.  We went there at 8:30am, to find no one at the towing company.  Another call and we had the pleasure of waiting for 15 mins in the cold until the man arrived.  Awesome.  The best part (ironic, as Reid kindly described it), was how the tow guy pulled into the little parking lot and parked here


Look closely.  See anything funny about where he parked?

After dropping over $200 to get the car back, we called our apartment complex, got a few options sorted out, and continued with the day.  There's no reimbursement, just a hard lesson learned - so hard in fact I'm still trying to figure out which lesson I was supposed to learn.  I'm sure it'll come to me. 

1 comment:

  1. ahh!! we had the same thing happen to us a few years ago!!! soooo lame!! hate that...that's up there with my recent $200 speeding ticket!!!!! ugh.

    ReplyDelete